MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Remove The "Registration" Element
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy!

I've set up a small forum and in order to boost sign-ups I thought I'd try and remove the registration phase so that people could post freely just by typing their name.

Any idea on how I could achieve this? Bear in mind, I'm a total newb so I might need a little guidance from you lovely folks.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
(2013-10-16, 08:53 PM)Ghostface Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy!

I've set up a small forum and in order to boost sign-ups I thought I'd try and remove the registration phase so that people could post freely just by typing their name.

Any idea on how I could achieve this? Bear in mind, I'm a total newb so I might need a little guidance from you lovely folks.

Cheers!

admincp->forums & Posts->permissons and allow guests to post ... not a good idea though
(2013-10-16, 09:58 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-16, 08:53 PM)Ghostface Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy!

Cheers!

admincp->forums & Posts->permissons and allow guests to post ... not a good idea though

Thanks!

And what makes you say that pal?
Because bots will find it and spam your forum. Of course, if you install Spamalyser, you might be able to keep most of it out.
(2013-10-17, 03:19 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Because bots will find it and spam your forum. Of course, if you install Spamalyser, you might be able to keep most of it out.

I got around the spam problem using xthreads
How so?
(2013-10-17, 08:56 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]How so?

is it wise answering this question in an open forum .... 'screens have eyes' Smile pm me if you want to know