MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Need help asap] Quick Reply Form - Default User CP options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with my forum. The Show Quick Reply form on user cp > Options is disabled for all users. How can I update it to be enabled for all current users but also make it checked by default for new users too?

Thank you in advance.
(2013-10-17, 02:13 PM)Brokep Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with my forum. The Show Quick Reply form on user cp > Options is disabled for all users. How can I update it to be enabled for all current users but also make it checked by default for new users too?

Thank you in advance.

I guess you have the option 'show quick reply form' switched on in your settings ? if not switch it on
It is switched on! I double checked.

The thing is that users don't have the option show quick reply in thread enabled in their User CP > Options
(2013-10-17, 05:23 PM)Brokep Wrote: [ -> ]It is switched on! I double checked.

The thing is that users don't have the option show quick reply in thread enabled in their User CP > Options

where is the user setting for that ??? there is not one that i can find ... are you using a custom theme & some plugins ?
User CP > Edit Options

[Image: DnwxLfN.png]

The "show quick reply box on the view thread page" isn't checked by default on my forum.
(2013-10-17, 06:36 PM)Brokep Wrote: [ -> ]User CP > Edit Options

[Image: DnwxLfN.png]

The "show quick reply box on the view thread page" isn't checked by default on my forum.

ok got it ... never used the option but to force it ...
run an sql command on the database via phpmyadim or the database utility you use
UPDATE  mybb_users SET  showquickreply =1
the 'mybb_' bit should be replaced with your database prefix. I would think though it is a bad idea to force a user .... they may have spent sometime setting up their account to suit the way they view your forum
Ehm I don't wanna force anything! That option should of been ckecked by default. But it isn't and I don't know why!

How can I make it enabled by default. When I registered on mybb community it was enabled by default. The update command on my database is just temporary, please help me make it be checked by default.
(2013-10-18, 09:40 AM)Brokep Wrote: [ -> ]Ehm I don't wanna force anything! That option should of been ckecked by default. But it isn't and I don't know why!

How can I make it enabled by default. When I registered on mybb community it was enabled by default. The update command on my database is just temporary, please help me make it be checked by default.

have you any plugins running ?