MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Profile Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, hello everybody, and thank you for the awesome forum system. I absolutely love MyBB.

Anyway, a variation of this bug has been posted before...

In my Member Profile (currently I'm the only member, as I'm still setting everything up), it says

"Send %1$s an email."

and

"%1$s's Signature"

As I said, this has been posted before, but for the post flood message. I did look around in the PHP files, and found the ONLY reference I could find to those messages, but nothing seemed wrong.

So, I figured I'd post it here.

If there's a solution to this that I can do myself, please let me know. This site needs to go live soon... I do PHP programming myself, so I can work with it without hesitation.

Let me know!
This is due to the recent security update. This error has been reported in the announcement thread for the update also. It should be fixed soon.
Hmmm... I searched for it and only found it for the post flood message... Sorry for reporting it again.
Ah, I see.

Is there any way to fix this manually though? Or should I just wait?
Replace your member.php file with this one Smile
Oh, actually, I meant the original problem... The MyBB package I downloaded a couple of days ago was apparently already fixed (as it says in the original post from that thread).

I was asking about a fix for the %1$s problem. But if it'll be updated soon enough, then there's no problem.
That should fix the %1$s problem...
yeah, a couple of days ago, the package was patched with 2 security fixes. One of which altered member.php.

However, something went wrong somewhere, and people who downloaded the file from either the thread or the main package got this error. The onyl way to fix it was to manualy patch the old member.php.

The file Darren has given you, I presume, is a patched member.php. Or you could use the instructions given here: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...87#pid8687
Alright, thanks for the help. I actually found that thread already and have yet to patch it, as I went to bed right after I found that thread... But I'm going to try it later today.