MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Panel - change EVERYTHING!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use one of those nice Avant themes.

However, I want to change the ugly user panel.

I need it:

a) Shorter (like the one on this forum)
b) Rounded edges
c) Different colour
d) Text in a different colour
e) Different font

Now then, who's brave enough to help me with that lot!

See the current panel at vwcamperforum.co.uk

Thanks, as always!

Phil
You need to install a custom theme!
http://mods.mybb.com/themes
And if you want to keep your theme but change it yourself;

a) Shorter (like the one on this forum)
Can be changed in templates->usercp
b) Rounded edges
This can be done on 2 ways, images or css3 ( css3 is not being supported by IE8-, only IE9+. chrome etc is fine. ). The usage of css3 can be; border-radius: 5px; ( every side, top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right, will have a rounding of 5px )
c) Different colour & d) Text in a different colour
What color, the color is most likely the font color ( cause the color tag is used for the font color in css ). This can be done in the global.css ( theme -> your theme -> global.css )
e) Different font
Same as c & d, can be changed in the global.css

If you require any assistance in changing these, feel free to pm me.
Tosfera
Um, thanks for nothing!

My opening line states the theme I am using so no point in suggesting I use a "custom theme" and "can be changed in css" doesn't answer anything.

Whilst we all appreciate all the kind help here (especially from .m.), please only reply if you can actually help!
(2013-10-20, 07:33 AM)ChilledStorm Wrote: [ -> ]Um, thanks for nothing!

My opening line states the theme I am using so no point in suggesting I use a "custom theme" and "can be changed in css" doesn't answer anything.

Whilst we all appreciate all the kind help here (especially from .m.), please only reply if you can actually help!

You expect us to just spoonfeed you? Seriously?
Well OmGz, maybe you have nothing better to do than read or post replies that state nothing.
(2013-10-20, 08:37 AM)ChilledStorm Wrote: [ -> ]Well OmGz, maybe you have nothing better to do than read or post replies that state nothing.

I gave you a push into the direction, the good direction. All you have to do is place your code in there and it will work. All you need is some CSS knowledge, nothing more. Beside that, there are some fields with regular expressions in the usercp file, which is just copy and paste them. All you need for this is a little knowledge of HTML, fck the rest. php isn't needed to know what {name} does...
Here do the web fundamentals track, it will teach you to help yourself. http://www.codecademy.com/

They are called fundamentals for a reason Toungue
It's really easy and fun, you won't regret doing it.