MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multi-forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm trying to use 1 backend for more then 1 forum. This may sound crazy but I don't want 3 different backends for 3 forums ( as an example ). the moderation of my work should be clean, easy to find and say the #%#$%# truth. Big Grin

So, the thing is. I want 2 forums, with 1 backend, with 2 different theme's. I did find out about the themes so that's not a problem anymore ( I guess, I just attached a different theme for a categorie ). Now the thing is, how can I attach forum1 ( lets call it 'monkey' ) to a subdomain, and forum2 ( lets call this 'banana' ) to another subdomain.

So monkey will be attached to; monkey.example.com/forum. and banana will be attached to; banana.example.com/forum

Also, I don't want to have a categorie layout. I just want 2 smooth looking forums, like it are 2 different forums. Big Grin

Thanks in advanced,
Tosfera
(2013-10-19, 10:21 AM)Tosfera Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I'm trying to use 1 backend for more then 1 forum. This may sound crazy but I don't want 3 different backends for 3 forums ( as an example ). the moderation of my work should be clean, easy to find and say the #%#$%# truth. Big Grin

So, the thing is. I want 2 forums, with 1 backend, with 2 different theme's. I did find out about the themes so that's not a problem anymore ( I guess, I just attached a different theme for a categorie ). Now the thing is, how can I attach forum1 ( lets call it 'monkey' ) to a subdomain, and forum2 ( lets call this 'banana' ) to another subdomain.

So monkey will be attached to; monkey.example.com/forum. and banana will be attached to; banana.example.com/forum

Also, I don't want to have a categorie layout. I just want 2 smooth looking forums, like it are 2 different forums. Big Grin

Thanks in advanced,
Tosfera

use xthreads to build the different look of each forum (it may take a while to work out how powerful xthreads is .... then perhaps htaccess to mimic urls
hmm, using this xthreads can work. but then there is another question, to display the actual forum on a subdomain. Is it required to copy the frontend there? Else I will just setup 1 backend, and recreate the front-end to my requirements. Just the pain is now, whenever mybb has an update... I gotta redo it, or just do the updates manualy.