MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limit User CP 'Edit Options'... Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Example, disallow certain groups from changing the theme, or changing the default thread view, hiding avatars... etc...

Is there a plugin for this?
Bump. Exists a plugin for limiting user edit options, or no?

Thanks for any replies.
IIRC, there is no such plugin available at present on the Mods section. (not sure where this plugin exists now)
in general, we suggest to use template conditionals plugin for the above referred requirements
Okay. Thanks .m. So if I've got template conditionals installed. How/Where/What would I put...for example, if I didn't want to allow user group 1 and 2 to change their theme?
^ for the theme change,
if you want specific groups to use a particular theme then that restriction can be put at the theme properties.

admin panel >> themes >> click on a theme --> scroll down for Allowed User Groups
--> select which group members are allowed to use that particular theme & save theme properties

you can allow group 1 and group 2 to use a specific theme and disallow using the other themes
note: you have to edit the properties of all installed themes and select allowed groups
Awww Yea. That's perfect.

What about for example, not allowing users to limit their forum view to threads from the last 10 days, or keeping them from hiding avatars. Possible to easily affect this without modifying the template... That would modify it for all users....Including myself.

I suppose use the template conditionals as you mentioned above...? But not sure of syntax and placement. It's not extremely important, so if it's not off the top of your head, don't worry.

Thanks .m.
Placement - as the plugin name says, templates.

Syntax - for example to remove the avatar option for certain groups change:
<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="showavatars" id="showavatars" value="1" {$showavatarscheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="showavatars">{$lang->show_avatars}</label></span>
to:
<if !in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array(3,8,12)) then><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="showavatars" id="showavatars" value="1" {$showavatarscheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="showavatars">{$lang->show_avatars}</label></span>
<else>
<input type="hidden" name="showavatars" id="showavatars" value="1" checked="checked" />
</if>

in usercp_options template.