MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "The specified thread does not exist" - on all threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just last night, my website started displaying "the specified thread does not exist" for nearly every thread that members would try to access. The problem is the same for all users of the website. There are a few threads that we are able to view normally, but I'm not sure what exempts them from the problem.

The really perplexing part is the behavior of threads after we receive this error message. Some of them seem unchanged other than the fact that we can't access them. But others will appear to have all their posts wiped and then disappear to the bottom of the forum. Members are theorizing it's only moderators who have the ability to (unintentionally) affect the threads in the latter way, but we're really not sure?

My forum was still in 1.6.10 when we started having the problem, but I updated it to 1.6.11 almost immediately after and that hasn't changed anything. Let me know if there's any information I can provide other than that. Thanks much for any assistance!
does your forum use Google SEO plugin or internal SEF URLs ?
give a test user account and a test thread url (which is showing the referred error)
No, I don't think it does, unless those are things that are already installed on the forum that I just haven't learned about.

the test account's username is test and password is testing. Here's one of the threads that is getting the error.
http://twigwriters.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14555
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins > Yes, does it still happen then?
It still happened, yes. :/
(2013-10-23, 03:31 AM)ShadowLawliet Wrote: [ -> ]It still happened, yes. :/

I have same problem from 28 August. Perhaps this is a hack, I dont known.
Is a very rare problem, I use Google SEO, and a lot of plugins.
I made a database backup and imported it in a fresh mybb installation.
The problem persist in the new installation. Is like the content of threads is deleted. 

For example: I can see this:

Thread blah blah blah  (1,2,3 pages)

If I click in the tittle appears 404 google seo error in my original forum and "The specified thread does not exist" in the fresh installation of mybb.

I use mybb 1.6.12

Seems the content is deleted...
Anyone have a solution or this problem is a hack ?
^ database needs to be checked whether contents exist or it is corrupt ..