MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Cannot succeed in installing ANY themes, Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am once again getting the door slammed on me with forum software.
I am doing the following, downloading the theme, unpacking to the hard drive of my computer, uploading to the "images" folder in the root of my hosted server at godaddy using Filezilla. I have also tried uploading the main file to the "root" instead.
Then i go to the "Import" themes part of my User Control Panel and select the .xml file included in the folder of the theme itself, and select it and upload it successfully. Then i get the screen that says everything is done right. Then my forum becomes this useless garbage at my forum of
www.xboxoneunderground.com
It ends up looking like crap-see the image;
http://imgur.com/SuoKGWi
Just tearing my hair out over this....
Why does it have to be so hard?
Can't even imagine what i will have to go through when installing the Portal.
I left Simple Machines (just TOO simple looking and I NEED traffic) for phpBB just to find out that EVERYTHING there is upper level, impossible for a novice to figure out. This is forum number 3.
All I want to do is install the Battelfield 3 theme here, and install a portal.
I have done this just fine in the past, and I installed the MySQL database and the forum software manually without help.
Thanks for reading.....

This is the "Tutorial" i followed
http://adminpeak.com/threads/how-to-inst...hemes.815/
Did not help.
You are not uploading the images for the theme properly. You need to upload the theme images folder into the images folder for MyBB.
So if the images folder was named bf (this is the case here) you need to drag the bf folder into the "images" folder of MyBB in FileZilla. As you can see here you did not do that. Hope this helped.

Good luck with your forums Smile
Rymax99 was correct, now battling with unchangeable backgrounds......