MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't activate OUGC Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm trying to install OUGC Awards 1.0.7, but it is not working.

I did what the instructions said: I put the "Upload" folder on my MyBB root folder, but when I log into the Admin CP, the link to activate the plugin does not appear.

Help, please?

Thanks!
you have to add the contents of the upload folder - not the upload folder itself
if you are using a ftp client (eg. FileZilla) then you can drag the contents of upload folder (use select all)
to MyBB files server root folder (where global.php file exists)

(replies here might help)
(2013-10-21, 02:39 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you have to add the contents of the upload folder - not the upload folder itself
if you are using a ftp client (eg. FileZilla) then you can drag the contents of upload folder (use select all)
to MyBB files server root folder (where global.php file exists)

(replies here might help)

I think I'm putting the files in the wrong folders. XD

Where do I put these files:

awards php (inc/plugins/ -- I think)
awards_update php (inc/plugins/ -- I think)
ougc_awards php (inc/plugins/ -- I think)
bullet_green (it's an image)
bullet_red (it's an image)
awards.php , awards_update.php files from upload folder --> root folder of MyBB files server (where global.php exists)

files & subfolder with contents from upload/inc/plugins folder --> ./inc/plugins folder

subfolder with contents from upload/images folder --> ./images folder
(2013-10-21, 03:45 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]awards.php , awards_update.php files from upload folder --> root folder of MyBB files server (where global.php exists)

files & subfolder with contents from upload/inc/plugins folder --> ./inc/plugins folder

subfolder with contents from upload/images folder --> ./images folder

When I go to my Admin CP, this message appears:

Warning [2] require_once(/home/asian538/public_html/inc/plugins/ougc_awards/plugin.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 57 - File: inc/plugins/ougc_awards.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/ougc_awards.php 57 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/ougc_awards.php 57 ougc_awards_info
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php 485 ougc_awards_info
/admin/index.php 523 require

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/asian538/public_html/inc/plugins/ougc_awards/plugin.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/asian538/public_html/inc/plugins/ougc_awards.php on line 57
please check this once again :
(2013-10-21, 04:19 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]please check this once again :

It worked! Thanks a lot, my friend.
next time you may be sure to add files with an structure, because many modders add files to similar form on MyBB, example:

I mage a plugin and give a name upload, myplugin to files of plugin and files inded, like readme.txt, license.txt, and maybe a folder named example, to see what plugin do.

But many times add only structured files, you have to see inside ever folders like.

inc/some folder/some files
images/some folder/some files
jscript/some files

You have to go to your FTP client an upload every file inside the target to do his job.
(2013-10-21, 07:40 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]next time you may be sure to add files with an structure, because many modders add files to similar form on MyBB, example:

I mage a plugin and give a name upload, myplugin to files of plugin and files inded, like readme.txt, license.txt, and maybe a folder named example, to see what plugin do.

But many times add only structured files, you have to see inside ever folders like.

inc/some folder/some files
images/some folder/some files
jscript/some files

You have to go to your FTP client an upload every file inside the target to do his job.

Alright. Thanks.