MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keep users who didn't verify their email from logging in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't want users logging in unless they've verified their email.

Is this possible?

Thanks
not exactly like that, but simple method is to disallow them from viewing the contents of the forum

admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> Awaiting Activation --> Forums and Posts
--> remove everything ticked - to disallow them and save the user group
Possible with custom core edits and maybe even a plugin, but I wouldn't recommend it. If someone had made a typo in E-mail, he wouldn't be able to change it. Same goes for undelivered activation mail - it happens in MyBB and requires logging in to resend it iIrc. These are probably 2 out of many reasons why noone has created anything like that yet.
(2013-10-21, 06:24 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]not exactly like that, but simple method is to disallow them from viewing the contents of the forum

admin panel >> users & groups >> groups >> Awaiting Activation --> Forums and Posts
--> remove everything ticked - to disallow them and save the user group

Okay. This will partially work. I suppose I didn't think this question entirely through. The plugin I use to block links works great for guests, but if they don't verify their email and login, they can see the links. I want to make sure they're giving proper emails before they can see links.

As I've gone off topic here, I'm following up this question over in plugin support. Thanks for the help regarding the initial topic.