MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Testing the software offline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to the forum scene(as an owner that is ). Is it possible to test the forum locally rather than after it being hosted? It might be a silly question but hey, just trying out some stuff
You can test it over at OpenSourceCMS. Which has a demo of the board with all the features enabled. If you want to have it on your localhost you need to install apache, php and mysql to get it working.
You should be able to test everything at the OpenSourceCMS site.

Cheers,
CraKteR.
CraKteR Wrote:You can test it over at OpenSourceCMS. Which has a demo of the board with all the features enabled. If you want to have it on your localhost you need to install apache, php and mysql to get it working.
You should be able to test everything at the OpenSourceCMS site.

Cheers,
CraKteR.

thank you for this wonder ful reply. i found opensource cms is very useful. it give wonder ful infofmation about opensource solutions with demos
alright that sounds like a good find. I'm at work right now but I will definitely check it out tonite.
There will be a link to the demo on the new MyBB homepage for easy finding.
If you want to have a copy of MyBB offline, you can install a web server, PHP, and MySQL on your computer. An easy way to do this is to get XAMPP which includes all of this in a simple installer. Then you can put MyBB in a subfolder of the "htdocs" folder that XAMPP installs to, and install it like normal (access it by http://localhost/mybbfolder/install)
WOW Thanks for the link! you guys are awesome!
Yeap...

XAMPP is a good product for folks who are re-designing their website if there are php, sql related.