MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox Not Honoring Display Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At first it was no problem, but now no matter what I do, I can't get 'Latest Threads' to display below the other two boxes (adsense and who's online).

I've tried deleting them all (drag to bottom) and re-placing them, but still won't honor the order when displaying on the site.

You see the image shows Adsense,Who's online,Latest. But on the site it shows Latest,Adsense,Who's online
Any ideas?
have you tried with another browser (eg. firefox / chrome ..)
Yes. Displaying the same in Opera, Chrome, Firefox.

To be clear, I'm not talking about backend. I'm talking about actual forum display. The sidebars aren't displaying in the same order as they're saved in settings...
Do you use any special characters (like ąęóź in Polish) or PHP variables inside custom box content and name? If yes, try removing them.

Then try to copy the code, remove the custom box and create it again with other name.

If still nothing, show the code here.
I was referring about changing the order of side boxes in admin panel with a different browser ..
No special characters or php variables.

I figured out what the bug is.......Through trial and error....

If show in 'all scripts' is selected for 'who's online' (or possibly any box), but 'all scripts' is not selected for the other boxes, it will show the box with 'all scripts' first, regardless of order in backend.

I got around the bug by de-selecting 'all scripts' for 'newest threads' and selected all except for 'portal' (which I don't use).

As soon as selecting 'all scripts', 'newest threads' gets pushed to the top again regardless of order. If all the boxes are 'all scripts', it displays correctly. But as soon as removing 'all scripts' for the other boxes and selectively choosing, is when the bug happens.

I even reinstalled the plugin, overwriting everything and setting it up again.

This is definately a bug. I hope you understand what I'm saying here. I trial and error many times, and the result is always the same.