MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Well, I have ran into an add issue and I think if I figure it out for one single image I can apply the general fix to the other broken images.

[Image: Bayy0lO.png]

As you can notice in the image above the background image is black, however, it should be an actual image.

I've tried messing with the directory and such, but no luck.

It has to be something obvious I'm missing or is there a possibility that the certain broken images aren't being called in the template?

Here's the example cs of how I'm calling the background image:

body {
background: #000 url(images/miasmia/main_background.jpg) top center no-repeat;
color: #000;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
font-size: 13px;
line-height: 1.4;
margin: 0;
margin: 0 20px 20px;
}

Thanks,
Hoodlum
can we have your forum url - if you remove #000 from the background property of body then does the image load ?
(2013-10-24, 10:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url - if you remove #000 from the background property of body then does the image load ?

url: www.miasmia.com/forum/

And no, I've tried that as well.
I can see the background without a problem - did you hard refresh your browser (CTRL + F5 and/or SHIFT + F5)?
(2013-10-24, 10:49 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the background without a problem - did you hard refresh your browser (CTRL + F5 and/or SHIFT + F5)?

Can you still?

I've cleared my cache and nothing changes. I even use the dev console in chrome and for the broken images it throws error (404) which is file not found.
Yes, I can still see all images. Try on other browser/device.

Works fine for me on Chrome, Firefox, Opera Mobile. So surely it's cache problem in your browser.
Edit: delayed response
this background image is visible at present on your forum for the body --> ./home/assets/img/bg1.jpg (firefox)
if you have problem with css background image on other browsers then check replies here