MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having trouble with Battlefield 3 theme backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried over and over again to follow the advice of the theme author here;
http://community.mybb.com/thread-113298-page-7.html
No matter what i do, the default backgrounds included in the bf/body_bg folder refuse to change, EVER. Double checked with Filezilla that my file overwrites worked, and they did.
I followed the instructions to the letter in the above tutorial and UGH; it is like the deault backgrounds are glued to the screen.
My website is here; xboxoneunderground.com
Thanks for reading!
The BG to your forum is http://xboxoneunderground.com/images/bf/...g/bg_0.jpg

Is that the one you changed?
Yes and No. When I upload a new background from my computer to the body_bg file and overwrite it, miraculously, 60 seconds later it has reverted back to the stock backgrounds. I can upload a bg_5 or bg_6 of anything I want and it will sit in the folder as is, but the bg_0 bg_1 bg_2 bg_3 and bg_4 will not change even after overwriting (using Filezilla)
Also, is there a "settings" for this theme someplace in ACP that lets you change backgrounds without lots of coding?
The ONLY background I want to use is bg_4
It looks like this;
http://i.imgur.com/S26cicP.jpg
The other ones are all too dark for what i am trying to do.
I did do a custom background called bg_5 and did the coding in the tutorial mentioned in starting post, but it did not work.
I created the "style5.css" and put it in the correct folder as well as inserting the following code edit where directed;
<link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/styles/style5.css" title="style5" media="screen" />[/php]

If i could just switch between bg_4 and bg_5 at will, it would be great.....but if i have to just settle for the stock bg_4, I would consider that a victory.
The little built in vertical bar on the portal just to the left of the menu bar has 5 icons; one of them is a broom icon; hover over it and you get"change background image". Clicking it does nothing but change the url from xboxoneunderground.com to xboxoneunderground.com/#
just change the stylesheet, there must be the image, set a rollover into it and should work fine.
(2013-10-26, 09:02 AM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]just change the stylesheet, there must be the image, set a rollover into it and should work fine.
Respectfully, I have no idea what any of that means....
Still need help.
You can edit your global.css file to fit this. Search "bg_0.jpg" and you should find what you need Smile
why do you use smf, was mybb nothing for you?
Your using a Simple Machines Forum and asking for help here?
Anyway. . .the answer is simple.
Your machine is caching the image. . .use Control + F5 to flush the cache and you should see your new image.
. . .surprised someone didn't answer that earlier.
(2013-10-28, 06:22 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]Your using a Simple Machines Forum and asking for help here?
Anyway. . .the answer is simple.
Your machine is caching the image. . .use Control + F5 to flush the cache and you should see your new image.
. . .surprised someone didn't answer that earlier.
That obviously wasn't the problem, as I had never visited the page before and I was getting the wrong one. Was probably a very very simple issue though. He had MyBB before, he switched to SMF.