MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I was in mybb cpanel messing around with the "users & groups" section, and accidentally deleted my admin account. When that happened, it logged me out mybb and now I cant log back in. Saying wrong log-in information.

How can I get back in?

Any help is much appreciated!

James.

Edit: Anyone?
Register with a new user, open the "inc/config.php" file and change the super admin ($config['superadmin']) to your new id. Afterwards you can enter the acp and add yourself to the admin group.
(2013-10-25, 02:48 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]Register with a new user, open the "inc/config.php" file and change the super admin ($config['superadmin']) to your new id. Afterwards you can enter the acp and add yourself to the admin group.

What about the password?

Thank you very much for the reply.

Edit: This is the line I need: $config['super_admin'] = '1'; I just change the super_admin to a username?
^ you have to add the new user ID. if x is your new user ID then it can be like below
$config['super_admin'] = '1, x';
however I am not sure that suggested method works and you can log into admin panel with new user credentials
(2013-10-25, 03:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you have to add the new user ID. if x is your new user ID then it can be like below
$config['super_admin'] = '1, x';
however I am not sure that suggested method works and you can log into admin panel with new user credentials

Got this when I refreshed the page after applying the fix.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home3/ja****70/public_html/mywebsite.com/inc/config.php on line 70

This is what I put: $config['super_admin'] = '1', Founder'; <-- is that wrong?

Asterisks and mywebsite.com is my doing.
Change it to the user ID (found for example in your profile link)
(2013-10-25, 03:26 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]Change it to the user ID (found for example in your profile link)

Sorry, Im not really savvy in this area. You want me to change the name I used (Founder) to my user ID? What is my user ID? A number?

Right now it's: $config['super_admin'] = '1, Founder';
Go to your profile. The url should either look like this: "http://site/user-x.html" or like "http://site/member.php?action=profile&uid=x" where x is your user id.
Afterwards change the line in config.php to:
$config['super_admin'] = 'x';
Is this the right file to be in: public_html/mywebsite.com/inc/config.php

If so, I changed this
$config['super_admin'] = '1, Founder';
to
$config['super_admin'] = 'x';

and tried to log-in mybb cpanel with founder as s/n and used the password stored in config.php, and it didn't work.

Edit: How do I find what my user ID is?
Have you read what I wrote? x should be your user id, it is described above how you get it.
Pages: 1 2