MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logout - Disable Cookies - Timeout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Recently installed myBB - version 1.6.10. My issue is that I want users to be logged out if they close their browser / or that they have to always login with login name and password when visiting the forum.

I've tried the following:

In member login I've removed: <td class="trow1" colspan="2" align="center"><label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label></td>

In portal_welcome_guesttext I've removed: <label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label><br /><br />

I've also modified general.js and tried deleting it altogether. But I still get the same result - if I login and close the browser and then reopen I can still get access without having to login, as if it is cached in a cookie.

I would be happy either with a user being logged out after a period of inactivity - just something to have to force the user to input a user name and password when returning to the site.

Thanks in advance,
casol01
replies here might help
Thanks for the post - I had a look at this but it does not appear to do what I was looking to do. I set the timeout, waited the required number of minutes, but my session did not expire. I set my pc to sync with an NTP time source but still no joy.

What I'm really looking to have is to force users to login every time they visit the forum, but the session timeout in the cookie for 1 year ensures that the user is automatically logged back in when they return to the site if the 'remember me' box is ticked. So I need someway to have that not ticked and then hidden so that users can't tick it.

I've also tried the login_cap but that does not display the captcha images, even though they are shown in new posts/registrations. I think the code my be for an older version of myBB because it references: // Editing Template
include MYBB_ROOT."/inc/adminfunctions_templates.php";
find_replace_templatesets("member_login", "#".preg_quote('{$captcha}')."#i", '{\$login_cap}{\$captcha}');
}

and I don't see a member_login template.

If I could get this to work, then that would suffice but alas no joy. This is really driving me crazy - just would like to force users to login with username and password everytime they visit the forum, by whatever means possible

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
casol01

Hi all,

OK finally got to a stage where the 'remember me' check box is unticked by following this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-110743....t=remember

And I've got to the stage on the header_welcome_block where 'remember me' is now displaying as undefined by removing lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}"; from the template.

However the 'remember me' tick box is still visable but labelled as 'undefined' - how do I remove this tick box from the header_welcome_block?

Regards,
casol01