MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modifying the ACP CSS/Theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
Are there detailed instructions about modifying the ACP Theme?

So far I've been led by experimentation and guesswork. It would be a big help to have a document that told me specifically what each CSS statement controlled the appearance of each part of the Admin Control Panel.

I want to make the admin theme appear the same as the general user theme.

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
http://coa-mis.net/

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
1.6.10 (1610) and about to upgrade to 1.6.11 (1611)

Thank you much,

Auriel

Post Script: I didn't notice that you don't want posts like this in this part of the forum. I tried to delete it but for some reason couldn't. Sorry.
As far as I see there are no specific tutorial on editing them. You're best off to use inspect element to tell what classes belong to what parts of the theme.
"Inspect Element"? Duh . . . I have no excuse for not remembering that. Does the CSS change much from one version the next? Would it be useful of my time to create a manual for modifying the ACP Theme? For that matter why isn't there an editor for modifying ACP the way there is for modifying the UCP? I guess those are all rhetorical questions because if anyone thought it would be useful they would have done it by now.

Anyway, thanks for jogging my memory.

Auriel
(2013-10-26, 05:08 AM)Auriel Kitsu Wrote: [ -> ]"Inspect Element"? Duh . . . I have no excuse for not remembering that. Does the CSS change much from one version the next? Would it be useful of my time to create a manual for modifying the ACP Theme? For that matter why isn't there an editor for modifying ACP the way there is for modifying the UCP? I guess those are all rhetorical questions because if anyone thought it would be useful they would have done it by now.

Anyway, thanks for jogging my memory.

Auriel
Most do not edit the ACP, as there should be a very select few that have access to it, the end user should never see it. Updates say waht is changed, usually there are things changed in the ACP (only PHP code), not CSS. However, this will change in new branches of MyBB (1.8/2.0). When the next 1.6 update comes out, just update it and make sure you leave your edited CSS/images in tact. So to sum up, no from updates such as 1.6.10 to 1.6.11, the CSS does not change. In branch changes as described above, it does usually. It will definitely be changing in the upcoming branches, though. About the manual, that's up to you. As said above, most do not change it.
Quote:I didn't notice that you don't want posts like this in this part of the forum
just a note: I don't think any helper says like that for a support required issue related to MyBB

as Rymax99 said most do not edit admin panel theme. some might just change the logo.
however there are some premium themes which have matching admin panel theme for the front end theme.
(2013-10-26, 05:38 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I didn't notice that you don't want posts like this in this part of the forum
just a note: I don't think any helper says like that for a support required issue related to MyBB

as Rymax99 said most do not edit admin panel theme. some might just change the logo.
however there are some premium themes which have matching admin panel theme for the front end theme.

Thanks Dudes,
I took the option of just changing the logo and leaving it at that.
If the configuration is going to change in a couple of versions then it wouldn't make sense to try and create a manual. Perhaps at a later time. I enjoy doing technical writing and I believe people appreciate it because there are so many really badly done manuals.