MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Marketplace (sell, buy, auction)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to add marketplace feature? I'm referring to something like digitalpoint has.
digitalpoint forums are very customized. you can do this if you know programming php. or why if you are looking to open market discussion then why not create a Market forums Smile
(2013-10-26, 07:29 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]digitalpoint forums are very customized. you can do this if you know programming php. or why if you are looking to open market discussion then why not create a Market forums Smile

Integrating a marketplace is good Idea. It's not only for market related forums. you can for example open a book forums and let users buy and sells books. This would be a good addition
Better as isolated plugin.
I agree with Yalderam that market functionality is best kept as a plugin. Markets can be complex and introduce a lot of risk (such as dealing with money, bad bids, etc).
Interesting, if MyBB had its own Marketplace, that would be a good source of income for them. Get a small % and host amazing designed forum themes. Like what Tumblr does.
(2013-10-28, 05:12 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Yalderam that market functionality is best kept as a plugin. Markets can be complex and introduce a lot of risk (such as dealing with money, bad bids, etc).

there is always a risk for abusive usage of any software. I'd rather to put "bad guys" aside and pay more attention to what "good guys" probably need in order to enhance their community. MyBB should grow according to its users needs.
It will be better as plugin and also digital point has done lots of code edits in xenforo itself, so its not available there as it is
Outside project scope = better keeped off the core.
I say this should be a plugin not a core feature.
Pages: 1 2