MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hmm, Can normal members delete their own posts/threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh stupid me, Im normal member here! Well, I need to cancel that option as I dont want members deleting precious proff in-case they do something bad.
yes I would like to know that as well. Is there a way to stop users deleting their own posts? Toungue
They can only delete their own posts though. I don't see any harm with that. Any ways.
Inside Admin CP -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups -> Registered -> Go
Change:

Can Delete Own Posts
Can Delete Own Threads

To no.

Cheers,
CraKteR.
Thanks CraKteR. Smile

The reason why users shouldn't be able to delete their own posts is because some may say offensive things to other users or scam users etc and there would be no proof to see they did any thing lol

I guess on this forum, there are only nice people and thats a really good thing!! Toungue
On a board where I'm a moderator (sorry, not run by MyBB) normal users are given a 5 minute window where they can edit and delete their own posts. That's normally enough time to catch any spelling / grammar errors.
They can just edit their post though and delete the offensive things? Confused
You can use my Trash Can forum plug-in, then they'd think they've deleted the message, but really you have a copy.
Now that's a neat thing to have right there.
Quote:They can just edit their post though and delete the offensive things? Confused
Not if you limit the amount of time they can edit! I actually use a combination of limiting their time to edit and delete and also use the trash can forum! Talk about overkill, huh? LOL