MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password board protection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm making a private forum but i need a password protection like before you can enter the forum you need to fill in a password.

Regards,

nobody?
Go to ACP>Forums & Posts>Forum Management>FORUM Name>Edit Forum Settings>Forum Password
Thank you but I want that you can't reach the board without the password like before you see the forum you need to fill in a password
Arbaz solution will let you password a single forum or category. Maybe you're using the word forum to refer to the entire board? In that case you can always remove the guest view permissions from all your categories which will require people to be logged in to see anything, then either disable registrations (and create accounts for the people who need access) or do manual account activation.
ohh okay but how to set that i can do the manual account activation.
(sorry for my poor english)
Change the permissions of the "Awaiting Activation" group. Go to ACP>Users & Groups>Groups>Awaiting Activation>Forums and Posts>Can View Board?>Untick
ohh okay thanks and then i have to set them in the normal group right?