MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help on new version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^ upgrading your forum does not do any harm
The reason why the file is not moving to public_html is dat the new version forders and the old one are the same or should i add number in front of the new file e.g since admin forder is on the old version then the new i should rename it to admin2, inc2 e.t.c
^ No. your ftp client (eg. filezilla) should be configured in such a way that it overwrites existing folders & files.
i can't use filezila becase Am using mobile phone i did not have laptop. But what if i remove all the old file and only keep 'inc' folder for where my config.php and settings.php his and upload the new version script after unzip i should remove the 'inc' folder and replace the old 'inc' folder. Then i'll now run installation?

Just like normal php site
^ don't you have installed plugins on your forum ? even then I can't suggest to follow referred method.
instead post a request to upgrade your forum & if someone responds then send required access details through PM
Or let me go for more research sice you say if did not upgrade it we not do any thing to my forum Thanks For your suport! Smile
Pages: 1 2