MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I do... this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I was looking for a CMS for my new website idea, but I really didn't find any for my purposes so I was thinking about to actually create forums with myBB because I've used them before and using them currently for something else.

The site would be a social-ish place for a player community of an specific PC game.
Game players could register their accounts and if they are game server administrators, they could be able to submit their servers, describing them and giving out the server information.

Players in the other hand could view, comment and rate/vote those servers. This is the complicated thing with myBB - I want to sort the "server advertisements" by their ratings, vote amounts, comment amounts or so. Is this possible with myBB?

Also, what comes to social-ish, I want the players to be able to make all the fun what they can with their profiles - meaning status updates, image galleries for game screenshots, friend messaging and stuff.

If so, are there necessary extensions for that?
Everything is possible, but not necessarily available.

From the mentioned ideas, status updates, image galleries and friend messaging (not sure if commenting eachother is what you mean) are written as extensions. Things like servers sorted by ratings are not common for forums and I doubt they are available for free. I've only seen something like this: https://forum.mybboard.pl/watek-mybb-ser...beta_44726 but no rating there.