MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to have a news page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, Is it at all possible to have a homepage to my forum in which I can post news, reviews etc..

I dont know how to best explain this, But I mean similar to this forum: http://www.thetechgame.com/

Any help?

Thanks,
There are several solutions for that:

1. You could move the entire forum from the root of your webfolder to a new folder called e.g. 'forums' and create a DNS record with a forums prefix to your domain name and redirect it to that folder. This way you have complete freedom to build (or use) a website on the root of your webfolder.

2. You could create your own newspage.php or whatever, or even replace the index.php with that, and copy paste the code in index.php to another file, call it forums.php or whatever. And you could just include the header and footer to this new newspage and use your own custom newspage template in the content.

3. I believe there are also plugins for that, have you tried googling or searching MyBB for that? Take a look here: MyBB - Mods