MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Forums (0.8.5) not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have installed this mod on my forum and though it shows a successful install it does not work. When I deselect a forum it does nothing. It does not show the forum with the strikeout line through it or anything.

When I return to the forum, the forums I have selected still show in the "New Posts" section. I have tried to reach the author of this plugin, but the website is no longer there. I have to reach him through PM, but also no success.

Is there anyone here that may be able to help me get this updated to 1.6.11 and working? I have currently deactivated, so if you need my forum site to check it out let me know and I will activate it for you to look at.

Thanks,
Martin
Anyone? Please?

I would appreciate some feedback on this. If there was another option or plugin I would use it, but I have not found anything that will perform what this plugin was designed for and this is specifically something my members really want and need.

anyone?????
Nothing? Really? Huh
What would you like to this mod do, i made a plugin for some users and call forum VIP, you can add a forums by id or i donĀ“t remember how it works right now, but if you wanna do something told me what you need and i check it out as i can this plugin, because i use latest MyBB version and i'm testing some plugins to see if they works or don't.

Nobody helps to you, so i have a lot of time, send me PM with details about your mod and if you wish same mod i review and if you tell me how functions, maybe can do something for you.
I would like it to do as described:

Quote:Hide forums the user set to hide. The user can set at the User CP which forums he want to set as visible and which to set as hidden.
This is done by adding a little CSS code to each forum which should be hidden.

Here is the link to the plugin:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/hide-forums
Anyone??... PLEASE!!
Am I doing something incorrectly?
Please let me know what I need to get some support, PLEASE!!
^ referred plugin has no functionality to hide specific forums from the search results

you can try using Ignore Forums plugin. however, it does not hide forums on index page
That all sounds good, but what I need is to have the forums hidden as in the mod. That is the issue. I cannot believe there is not someone that would take this mod over and update it or make a new one of their own and it does not answer my request.

It does not seem like a big request to update the very thing I am looking for. Why should I or anyone accept something less then what is being looked for, especially when what is being looked for already exists, but just needs to be upgraded to work with the current version of myBB...
You only have to open your hideforums.php file on the inc dir.

Open with notepad plus, go to line 169

here you have this function:

function hide_run($forum) {

only add &

function hide_run(&$forum) {

save your file and it's all, cheers...

i test it and it works fine, this change has made until 1.6.5 MyBB version.
This is what I see at line 169: <table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">

I am running 1.6.11
Pages: 1 2