MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Sirs,
How to make this option checked for new registrations & how to update the same for current users?

The Option is: Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message.

I am using MyBB 1.6.11 with default theme (no plugins installed)
This option is checked by default for new registrations.
Do you want users not to opt this out at all?

Edit:
Never mind, ignore my post, I thought you meant this option:
[Image: 51lha.png]
(2013-10-27, 10:05 PM)Meadp Wrote: [ -> ]See here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-6790-po...l#pid41506

thanks but this post is not good for MyBB 1.6.11 version. it was posted in 2006
In member_register change:
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailpmnotify">{$lang->email_notify_newpm}</label></span></td>
or something similar, depending on theme, to:
<td style="display: hidden;" valign="top" width="1"><input type="hidden" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" checked="checked" /></td>
<td style="display: hidden;" valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailpmnotify">{$lang->email_notify_newpm}</label></span></td>

In usercp_options change:
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="1" {$pmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td>
to:
<td style="display: hidden;" valign="top" width="1"><input type="hidden" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="1" checked="checked" /></td>
<td style="display: hidden;"><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td>

Then perform the query from linked post in phpMyAdmin, it's still the same in MyBB 1.6.11.
(2013-10-27, 10:20 PM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]thanks but this post is not good for MyBB 1.6.11 version. it was posted in 2006

Well in your Admin CP, go to: Templates -> Default templates -> Member templates -> member_register

Search for the part of code at line 67:
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td>

and change it to this:

<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" checked="checked" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td>

This way the option will be checked by default when registering:
[Image: 51mYl.png]

And how do you want to update it for current users?
In the Admin CP you could go to Users & Groups -> select the user you want to update -> Account settings.
Here you can check the option to receive emails when pm'ing.

If you want this to happen for ALL users, you could query with SQL in your database.

Lol Destroy666 xD both eager to help :')
Thanks @Destroy666 & @QuantumHive
It worked for me in MyBB 1.6.11 with default theme.