MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Option to modify Account Preferences under ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Respcted Sir / Madam,
Good Morning!
Kindly add this function in MyBB 1.6.12 under ACP to enable or disable Account Preferences for new users (when they register).
See image below, these functions should be modify from admin control panel.

[Image: mjbIQES.png]

one more thing the function in ACP to add individual icons for each forum.

I am sorry in advance if my suggestions are technically wrong, not suitable or un-secure.

Best Regards,
Heart
Again, there's a reason this is not integrated. It are not for nothing user preferences. It would be unfair if you 'force' someone to receive PMs from admins. I'd register with a disposal mail like 10minutemail on your site then.
(2013-11-10, 09:30 AM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]Again, there's a reason this is not integrated. It are not for nothing user preferences. It would be unfair if you 'force' someone to receive PMs from admins. I'd register with a disposal mail like 10minutemail on your site then.

There are ways other than the Admin CP to force account preferences. Set the input fields to type="hidden" with the default value, run an SQL query to force all existing users to this new configuration and set up a cron job / task to resync users preferences with yours every week or so to make sure they don't change it back.

Whilst I agree that there shouldn't be hard and fast rules as to what you can do on a forum, I honestly think that you're pointing out the negatives of this system. What about admins like brad-t who want to make registration easy? By setting all these fields to the commonly accepted values, you're able to let members register easily, only changing what they need to.