MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: logging in permissions for offline board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As admin i can log into my board if i take it offline.

One of my mods tried and just gets routed back to the board closed page.

Can i set anything to allow them to view/post in an offline board ?

cheers
I don't think so.
Only administrators can see the board while offline.
hmmm bummer Sad

don't suppose i can change that in the code anywhere can i ? i want them to help validate threads and posts and setup etc before i go live after migrating but don't want them having access to all the ACP.
You can make a new usergroup that is admin group and set the Admin permissions in Admin Permissions to low.

Cheers,
CraKteR.
yea i think i'll do that .. thanks Smile
You can creat new usergroup for login to ACP.

Default: Admin can log only
In global.php, find:
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == "yes" && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != "yes" && !(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == "member.php" && ($mybb->input['action'] == "login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "logout")))
Replace with
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == "yes" && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != "yes" && $mybb->usergroup['issupermod'] != "yes" && $mybb->user['usergroup'] != 6) && !(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == "member.php" && ($mybb->input['action'] == "login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "logout")))

This should allow supermods and moderators in the "Moderators" usergroup to be able to access the forum when it's closed