MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Glitches on forums.Target-Acquired.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So at this point on the Target-Acquired Forums I trying to go through and fix and CSS issues I missed during the original development of the theme. The theme is supposed to look as much like the Target-Acquired homepage as possible.

I am having two issues and if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

1. Language Selector not aligned correctly

For some reason the language selector at the bottom of the index isn't aligned in it's box correctly. I had asked my friend LuckyMonkey for help and he just came back with:

LuckyMonkey Wrote:Hack it back into place using: position: relative;

Annoyingly enough... that didn't work.

2. Main Site Navigation

As I say, the theme of the forums is supposed to match the main site as much as possible however I can't seem to get the dropdown menu working for the main navigation.

I have tweaked around with it and at this point it's at it's original state (code and all).

It would be nice if this matched the homepage because I am trying to make it "feel" like the user hasn't left the site.

EDIT: This theme is based on the Charmeleon WordPress theme form ElegantThemes.com. I have attached the XML for the theme with templates included.
for the language selector form#lang_select {position:relative; top: -8px!important;} should work

however please note:
it appears that you have installed MyBB forum from web host panel
and many language packs are installed. it gives many problems and
I suggest to remove the unnecessary language packs

language packs are located at ./inc/languages folder

language pack consists of a php file with language name and a folder
with that language name (eg. deutch_eu.php file & deutch_eu folder)

unwanted language pack can be removed by deleting both the file and
the folder with the specific language name

I have not checked the other issue and it might require much time ..
You don't need position:relative; and !important though
Thank you. That looks a lot better. That was really beginning to annoy me.

At the time of this post I am paring the language packages down.
you can use my css drop down menu and style it how you want using this CSS style has helped me keep my menu bar the same across a homepage and theme when I was designing both for a customer

http://www.shieldtutorials.net/Demos/CSSMENU
(2013-10-31, 10:49 PM)Burned Designs Wrote: [ -> ]you can use my css drop down menu and style it how you want using this CSS style has helped me keep my menu bar the same across a homepage and theme when I was designing both for a customer

http://www.shieldtutorials.net/Demos/CSSMENU

So I have it there look all nicey nice but I one thing I can't figure out is how to get the "double arrow" that the main site has for dropdown menus.

I have looked through the CSS for the theme on the main site by looking at the files it's like it never existed but when I look at Inspect Element via my web browser, in this case Google Chrome (v. 30 - at time of post), it exists. The selector is: .sf-with-sub
you can go into the menu code and add >> which is the Greater than sign >
(2013-11-05, 07:30 AM)Burned Designs Wrote: [ -> ]you can go into the menu code and add >> which is the Greater than sign >

I was considering do that temporarily but what I really wanted to do was have JS or jQuery detect weather an element has children and then apply the ">>" accordingly so I don't have to do it as I am writing/editing the menu. It's not like I am going to be constantly editing the menu but it would be nice to know how to do that.
I will attempt to do this in jquery since I am learning it and I do have a feeling I know how to do this
(2013-11-08, 05:26 PM)Burned Designs Wrote: [ -> ]I will attempt to do this in jquery since I am learning it and I do have a feeling I know how to do this

Were able to figure out how to achieve the goal in question using jQuery?