MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: username mention feature...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-10-30, 07:31 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]For instance, if I said "@Wildcard, come and look at this!", it'd be the equivalent of PM'ing Wildcard with a link to this thread.

Wow. I never saw this thread until now . . . :p

I have become so used to mentioning people with the knowledge that they will immediately receive an alert, I sometimes expect that to happen on boards that do not have MyAlerts or MentionMe :p

This is 2.0 we are talking about so, yeah, mentions, alerts/notifications . . . hashtags even. If the features are planned from the beginning, they can be made to work more efficiently. It would be much easier to integrate notifications/mentions into the core than float above the system plugging in. jmo
I am now using my own system for quotes and user calling, it is merged with pm system.
It is very convenient and should be part of forum.
@Mention is an interesting idea, but could be involved. A member should be notified the first time they are mentioned in a thread. Should @mention count within a quoted block? Should the member be notified of subsequent @mentions within the same thread, or just once for @mentions which happen after their last acknowledgement of the thread (how do we track this)? How are alerts handled? Would a simple PM with a message of "You have been mentioned in the thread X" suffice?
hmm... i reading all the replies to my thread and seems all are positive with that @mention feature but still no staff interest coming in in that thread Sad
I like the idea, but don't know if this should be core or a plugin.
(2014-03-21, 10:27 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]hmm... i reading all the replies to my thread and seems all are positive with that @mention feature but still no staff interest coming in in that thread Sad

It's too early to say either yes or no. There are only a few confirmed features for 2.0. What features 2.0 will have will be be decided closer to the time. Smile
(2014-03-21, 10:56 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's too early to say either yes or no. There are only a few confirmed features for 2.0. What features 2.0 will have will be be decided closer to the time. Smile

you are right and we are waiting Smile can we have a rough time estimate when 2.0 going to release Toungue because it's already been three plus years and sill no layout pic or any glance Smile
(2014-03-24, 07:30 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]can we have a rough time estimate when 2.0 going to release because it's already been three plus years and sill no layout pic or any glance

Because nothing has really been done due to the current focus being on 1.8. After 1.8 is released then work will begin on 2.0
(2014-03-24, 07:30 AM)kartic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 10:56 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's too early to say either yes or no. There are only a few confirmed features for 2.0. What features 2.0 will have will be be decided closer to the time. Smile

you are right and we are waiting Smile can we have a rough time estimate when 2.0 going to release Toungue because it's already been three plus years and sill no layout pic or any glance Smile

2.0 is just an idea at this point. The community shouldn't be thinking of 2.0 as anything other than that. MyBB 1.8 is our main focus.
(2014-03-24, 01:33 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 is just an idea at this point. The community shouldn't be thinking of 2.0 as anything other than that. MyBB 1.8 is our main focus.

okay Big Grin anyone have created any article describing different between mybb 1.6 and 1.8 Dodgy Confused ? o ri need to do this myself by going through features in threads and blog posts ?
Pages: 1 2 3