MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: username mention feature...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
2.0 should have username mention feature so when someone mention someones name in thread like @username. it should create link to user profile and also sent mentioning notification to user who's name was mentioned in thread.

and what about facebook and twitter #tag. it would be Nice idea to launch in Mybb. it helps to find particular keyword thread and post.

i believe these two feature will help Mybb 2.0 to be best forum software in the world, because VBulletin and others forum sofwares don't have this features . i only see this on Nodebb forums yet. maybe some of you saw somewhere else too....

what are your suggestions on it ?
This isn't twitter. Shouldn't be a core feature.
(2013-10-30, 06:18 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't twitter. Shouldn't be a core feature.

i just mention twitter as an example .
why not look at this thread...
http://try.nodebb.org/topic/155/setting-...or-dummies

this creates a link to username as user profile...
this is what i mean...
Yes @mentions should definitely be in the MyBB core. But not #hashtags. What would that accomplish? A link to a search page looking for the hashtag, like what MyTags does? Or a trending algorithm, which is too much bloat for a forum software? @mentions serve to almost replace a PM. For instance, if I said "@Wildcard, come and look at this!", it'd be the equivalent of PM'ing Wildcard with a link to this thread. Plus it's implemented in almost all Social Media, where MyBB should be looking. But hashtags? No. As I said, too difficult to implement.
(2013-10-30, 07:31 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Yes @mentions should definitely be in the MyBB core. But not #hashtags. What would that accomplish? A link to a search page looking for the hashtag, like what MyTags does? Or a trending algorithm, which is too much bloat for a forum software? @mentions serve to almost replace a PM. For instance, if I said "@Wildcard, come and look at this!", it'd be the equivalent of PM'ing Wildcard with a link to this thread. Plus it's implemented in almost all Social Media, where MyBB should be looking. But hashtags? No. As I said, too difficult to implement.

ok if you are not interested in #hashtags it's fine Smile
i can understand it's efforts.
but other think about it ?
@Seabody if you like this why not do a poll "Yes, why not" to let others know how many we are interested in it....
+1 to @mentioning usernames, or at least some way to track places where people are mentioning your username. #tags are completely and entire unnecessary, they add no value to existing services that implement them, and would add even less to a forum.
okay i am agree with all of you to forgot about #hashtag but all we are agree with @username mention feature but here is no any developer or staff member to see my request...
what to do now ?
When we don't reply it doesn't mean we didn't see it.
(2013-10-31, 08:42 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]When we don't reply it doesn't mean we didn't see it.

oooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu... Toungue
so are you in or not..
do you like this idea ?
I'd say add a full notification system, for:

-Quotes
-Reply to subscribed threads
-PMs
-Mentions

etc.
Pages: 1 2 3