MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change every users IP to just one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want to make every users IP address on my forum to show just one IP for every member example 0.0.0.0 , I know it's something from phpmyadmin but not sure where after?
update mybb_users set regip='0.0.0.0', lastip='0.0.0.0', longregip=0, longlastip=0;
Will that automatically change every users IP to 0.0.0.0 and keep it like that or after new activity it changes the IP back to their normal one
No. It will go back after activity.
You can't change someone's actual, physical IP address. When you change it in the database, you are only erasing the existing IP logs for activity, so any new activity will show someone's actual IP address.
Update: It worked to change registration IP and Activity IP but after I go on forum and refresh couple of pages Last known IP goes back to my normal IP. I don't want to change their physical IP, just the IP on my forum, so every users IP can only show 1 IP which I put, Like I don't want anybody to know none of my users IP like host,mods,admin
When you visit your forum, it automatically updates the last known IP to your current IP address. You would have to modify MyBB to force it not to record IP addresses.
Yes and how do I do that? I know a few forums that done that but couldn't get support from them.