MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does gomobile support adsense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does MyBB gomobile support adsense?

If so, do I need to manually re-enter my adsense, or does it inherit the code from the regular theme?

Thanks much
if adsense displays advertisement banners then not sure how they will be displayed on the GoMobile theme !
adsense code does not get inherited. it needs to be added in the required templates of the GoMobile theme.

Edit: may be you can select small sized adsense slots (text based) for the mobile theme.
Okay. Thanks .m.

I guess nothing left but to try it.

Hi .m.

Gave this a go. It looks just fine using 300x250 and mobile banner 320x50

Though Advanced Sidebox is showing on the index. Interesting it's not showing anywhere else, but that's good.

I'm not sure I want to remove advanced sidebox from the index. It takes a huge portion of screen realestate, squishing the forums to the left, but I think most regular users are using the 'newest thread' box from index, so that's okay.

1) If I did want to remove advanced sidebox from GM index, any idea how to do this?

2) Adv SB is showing 'adsense' header in GM theme. We removed it successfully in normal theme (thread reference: http://community.mybb.com/thread-147024.html ), but it's showing in index in GM theme. Any idea how to get rid of it there?
advanced sidebox settings has option to disable it (ASB) on specific themes
admin panel >> configuration >> Settings >> Advanced Sidebox --> Theme EXCLUDE List

required css code to hide the table head needs to be added to global.css of specific themes
Okay. Excellent. Interesting it shows only on index though. That's actually perfect. I LIKE it for now, but just interesting. Do you happen to know why?

Thanks again.
It shows only on index because of the replacements, I guess. It can't find the specified top and bottom in GoMobile templates in other scripts.
Edit: delayed response
MyBB GoMobile theme templates are different from regular theme templates. Plugins use code replacements based on
MyBB's stock theme templates. it appears that ASB plugin could add required code only for index of GoMobile theme.
Okay. I believe I understand. It's good it turned out this way, because I might not have thought to include sidebar in index. It looks rather funny with the forums squished to the left, but not too bad. Still very functional. Good to know can change it if needed via code replacement.