MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: icon problems on some browsers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i have a theme using font awesome icons and its fine in general, only mozilla and internet explorer show some problems sometimes, like when you go on the forum, all icons are just bugged or not displayed, if you refresh it works sometimes. Kinda weird

But my more important point is, we have made a custom page using php(just uploaded on root). And if i use mozilla or explorer now and move on this page, the icons of the forum, just as on the header and footer become buggy and are not displayed. It also doesn't fix it when refresh the page, but this works like a charm on opera and chrome, so i am kinda confused. What could be the reason for this, any ideas for a solution?

Opera: [attachment=30436]
Mozilla: [attachment=30437]
Explorer: [attachment=30435]

P.S. I am using the latest versions of all browsers.
The different browsers all use support different font types (i.e. some support WOFF, some TTF, etc.), so you need to make sure that you're loading the right ones for the right browsers
How do i do that?
you have to check if required font files physically exist.
it is suggested to use absolute path (ref.) for font loading in the fonts related css file
Tthank you very much .m.

I have addes this into my htaccess file and all was fixed:

<FilesMatch ".(ttf|otf|eot|woff)$">
  <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
  </IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

Awesome! Big Grin