MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic forum subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

It would enhance user experience if it would be possible to automatically subscribe a user to a forum he/she posted to. The best of all worlds would be to be able to go to forum permissions and enable automatic forum subscription for that specific forum. I know that there is a plugin that automatically subscribes you to all forums. In my case I would be worried that this would be considered spam by a user.

Can anyone make suggestions as to how I can go about forcing automatic forum subscription depending upon whether the user has posted to the specific forum?

Thanks in Advance,
Jim
you can follow this guidance
Thanks .m. for the quick reply. I am not looking to automatically subscribe new users to ALL forums. I would like to automatically subscribe a user to ONLY the forum he/she posted to. If I automatically subscribe them to all forums (over 20) in my case they would consider this as spam.

Sorry for no being clear enough. Thanks for you help anyway.

-Jim
PS I am assuming that your solution has no flexibility and forces automatic subscription to ALL forums.