MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change location of /forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I wasn't sure if this should be a private inquiry or not, so I decided it's better safe than sorry to post here.

When you go to my site, Pantheon, you'll see that it shows:

Index of /
  • .ftpquota
  • forum/
My website is entirely based on the MyBB forums. I'm wondering if there's a way to move the files, using FileZilla, so that when you type in http://pantheon-horses.com you'll immediately go to the forums, instead of this "Index of" page?

Thanks for the help!
I has a better idea

Create a new text file, type:

RedirectMatch 301 /(.*) /forum/$1

Save as htaccess.txt - Upload to server via Filezilla, to your root directory, then change the filename on the server to .htaccess.

Saves configuration on the other end.

Can someone clarify I got it right?
Looks right to me Ben.

If in fact you want to move /forum to the actual root (no redirecting at all), then you'll need to use the info about midway down in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/post-641185.html . You'll need to change some settings in inc/settings.php after moving the files and then immediately log into your ACP and change them there so the change will stick.
(2013-11-02, 04:36 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks right to me Ben.

Thanks Josh - I'm more web.config nowadays.
(2013-11-04, 11:01 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-02, 04:36 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks right to me Ben.

Thanks Josh - I'm more web.config nowadays.
Figure I should say I didn't answer from super solid knowledge of Apache config directives. Wink... Just looks like it should be right to me, but I generally cause a few 500 errors to be thrown before my stuff works, so...
If you want your (future) regular website seperated from your forum, you could leave your forum at /forum/, and until you've created yourself a front page, create a .php file called "index.php", with the content:
<?php
header("Location: /forum/");
?>