MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: two boards with same users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
i want to make two subdomains on my site and install two MYBBs
and i want to use same users for two boards via port like Coppermine port for phpbb2
is there any port?
2 boards should use the same table in a database(true?!)
I think he just wants to share the user table across both.
yes
two boards have same user table, like coppermine/phpbb
is it possible? if yes HOW?
Hi there,

Suppose I have 2 boards, each of these installed on a seperate subdomain. (Domain A and B).

Let's say I log into board A, would it be possible to acces board B without having to log into board B too? (Of course board B does have it's own usergroup management).

I mean: access granted because I already logged into board A.

And vice versa (Log into board B -> acces granted to board A too, without having to log into board A as well)

I have just brigded Coppermine, and there it works just like this. MyBB board A takes care of logging in, when I want to log into Coppermine it redirects me to the MyBB board A login screen. Both MyBB and Coppermine have usergroep management of their own, only the user data seems to be merged.

I would love to know if this is possible in any way.
Does anyone know if this is possible? If yes: how should I proceed?

I am urgently in need of such a feature.

Multiple boards (seperate installs, on subdomains of my server). Ik want to be able to create a "master" admin board (for management discussions etc.) which acts as the user and usergroups board. A user logs on to this board, and should then be able to use all the boards on my subdomains.

Please, anyone, can this be done??? I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.
Hi all,

I have posted this question some time ago.

Suppose I have multiple boards, each of these installed on seperate subdomains on my server.

Let's say I log into board A, would it be possible to acces board B without having to log into board B too? (Of course board B does have it's own usergroup management). Same for board C, D, ...?

I have just brigded Coppermine, and there it works just like this. MyBB board A takes care of logging in, when I want to log into Coppermine it redirects me to the MyBB board A login screen. Both MyBB and Coppermine have usergroep management of their own, only the user data seems to be merged.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If yes: how should I proceed?

I am urgently in need of such a feature.

I want to be able to create a "master" admin board (for management discussions etc.) which acts as the user and usergroups board. A user logs on to this board, and should then be able to use all the boards on my subdomains, all MyBB.

Please, anyone, can this be done??? I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.
Nothing is impossible. You can't do these with current features of mybb. You should learn php scripting(php.net) or you should get a freelancer.
Currently there isn't a modification, a plugin, or a feature that will allow you to do this.
Do you think it will be possible? If multiple mybb installs co-exist in seperate directories (instead of subdomains)?

Should it be possible to read another mybb's user and group tables? I sure hope so, I'm more than willing to give it a try...
Pages: 1 2