MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a Custom Link Bar to the top of MyBB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help Needed,

I would like to make a custom hyperlink bar to other websites, and have it displayed at the top of my forum.

Seeking advice on plugin or suggestions how I can easily program in a link bar, that I can customize (i.e. with respect to URL and Name).

Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.
JavaScript Dropdown Menus Explained | http://mods.mybb.com/view-resource/addin...m-menu-bar

many types of menus are available on internet. any attractive & useful menu can be added to MyBB
Helpful. And thank you for taking the time to reply.

Now I'm working on the look and feel. I don't need the drop down menus, so was hoping to stay away from Java Script.

At the end of the very end of the Header Template, I've created a new div as follows:

<div id="mylinkbar">
<ul>
<li>Link1</li>
<li>Link2</li>
</ul>
</div>

I then added the following to the global.css stylesheet:

#mylinkbar ul li {
display: inline;
padding: 3px 3px 0px 3px;
}

Looks just he way I want it now. Thanks again for you help, greatly appreciated.
I'm back again. ;O) I took the suggestions above, and I'm greatly appreciative. As you can tell, I'm new to MyBB, and still trying to figure how everything is laid out.

Here is what I have:
I have a drop down menu bar all programmed in DreamWeaver just the way I want it to appear. This includes
* HTML Script written in a .php file.
* Style Sheets in my own .css file. (Modified the SpryAssets Stylesheet.)
* JavaScripts (SpryAssets)

Here is what I want to do:
* Have my custom menu bar to appear below my logo.

Solution:
Leveraged the Plugins, crated .php file to create hook, then had it reference (require) my .html file that I created. Now I have my custom html file at the top, where I have created my own link bar and placed the logo. Everything that came with MyBB is below.

Not sure if this is the best of solutions, but it is working for me.
The are so many CSS menu generators available there. Use a pure CSS based dropdown menu from here.
cssmenumaker.org

I try to avoid Jquery, not that is bad, but if you use a lot you need to realize you need to deffer loading quite a bit of them.