MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change the post text color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to know how to change the color of the posts' text.
As far as I can tell you can change the whole page but not the post itself. I'm new to this so I'm sure I'm wrong
Anybody knows? I made a slightly dark theme and people can't read their posts...
I'm also searching for an easy way to change a stylesheet, but as far as i know now it's embedded in the MyBB system.
At this moment I don't know how it's works but I just managed to change my background-color by modifying the themes settings.

Try Admin CP - Themes - Modify / Delete
or Admin CP - Templates - Modify / Delete.

Good luck.
As paperclip said, I know how to change the all of the text which is located in ACP > Themes > Modify/Delete > Edit Theme Style > Body (Customized in this style) > Font Color.

EDIT: I found a different way as Sidewinder suggested in the templates, lol Toungue.
Quote:Go to ACP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *Expand Template* > Post Bit Templates > postbit.

LOOK FOR THIS
{$post['message']}

REPLACE WITH
<font color="COLOUR HERE">{$post['message']}</font>
Quote:As paperclip said, I know how to change the all of the text which is located in ACP > Themes > Modify/Delete > Edit Theme Style > Body (Customized in this style) > Font Color.

You can't change ONLY the text of posts from the theme manager this way, that will affect other text.

The best approach is using what was suggested in the previous post, or creating a new CSS class and assign it to the paragraph tag "<p>" of the {$post['message']} in the postbit template.

regards
I'll post here since I have sort of the same problem. What I would like to do is to change the posts' link color only. I'm not really good at CSS or php so I gotta ask if someone could tell me how to do this. So what kind of additional CSS do I need to add to change the link color? Or is it easier to modify the template file?
Hello there

open inc/class_parser.php

Find
$link = "<a href=\"$fullurl\" target=\"_blank\">$name</a>";

Replace with

$link = "<a href=\"$fullurl\" target=\"_blank\" class=\"something\">$name</a>";
Here you will need to create a new class and use it instead of something

Or with

$link = "<a href=\"$fullurl\" target=\"_blank\" style=\"color:#FF0000\">$name</a>";

Regards