MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Premium themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
With the Requests/Services/Jobs forum closing, where can we post our premium themes? I had a look in the Theme Releases, thinking that would be the new place we release them, however the rules state that all releases must be freely available. Anyone know anything about this or are they trying to get rid of premium theme developers?
We aren't trying to get rid of premium themes. R/S/J was not working how we liked. Your best best is having your own site to sell your themes. Take advantage of the showcase forum. And, offer your services in the theme request forum when people are looking for a custom theme (and willing to pay).
(2013-11-04, 02:29 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]We aren't trying to get rid of premium themes. R/S/J was not working how we liked. Your best best is having your own site to sell your themes. Take advantage of the showcase forum. And, offer your services in the theme request forum when people are looking for a custom theme (and willing to pay).

That's not going to work. We can only use so many bumps in the showcase threads. And offering out services in theme request is going to do nothing, especially since there are no real custom theme buyers in theme request, just people looking for $20 customs or free ones.

Why can't we just have a section for outside links to purchase premium products in their categories (themes and plugins)?
My honest personal oponion is kind of do what Audentio did. Offer a couple high quality free themes. This gets your sites name out there and makes a well known name of high quality themes. Plus it gets your link all over mybb forums Wink.

But, I'm sure we'll try to figure something out for you guys. I have no details or eta though.
Too much unwanted attention and wasted time.
Shouldn't MyBB be making it easier to bring new, eagar designers and plugin developers into the community? After all it is what makes the software so special. :3

If not dedicate a section for Premium Releases or Services then at least a section that allows us to post our newly released themes.
Well i would think sinking RSJ is another step to already decaying community activity.
As you pointed out making a showcase thread of our sites dont help to solve this but increases the complexity.

Sad that MyBB is not supporting the third party and lone themers.
Yes i agree Audentio has couple of decent themes that outstands. But how come users know that they have a new theme released, be it Audentio or Themefreak or JasonL or Me.
Newbie's would lose the chance of getting a decent theme or a plugin for their site.

In this regard i appreciate IPB for having a market place for both free and premium resources where they link the author's site.
I wish you guys come up with some idea like that or the future of plugin and theme development would be really at stake.
regards
A new section in Resources -> Themes called Paid Themes would work, but there would be the same issues as with R/S/J.
Seriously this is stupid.
MyBB: Please take a example at XenForo's resource manager.
There is NOTHING wrong with letting people sell their resources here.
(2013-11-04, 02:42 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]But, I'm sure we'll try to figure something out for you guys. I have no details or eta though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8