MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing a MyBB forum to Godaddy Hosting.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install a fresh copy of Mybb to a GoDaddy Hosting package to replace the older version I had that was missing 50+ files. The old version had the forums and sub-forums laid out...just not actually used by the public yet. I made a copy of the database....
When I installed the new forum...i connected it to the old database...and the forums/sub-forums do not show up.
Should I have connected it to a new database and imported the old database to the new one?

I am very limited in what I can do...but somehow I did install a new copy

http://www.decoynutz.com/forum
if you had given earlier database details for the new installation then the database is wiped out Sad
do you still have a backup of earlier database in your computer / else where ? does it belong to MyBB 1.6.11
I made a copy of it before I installed the new copy of the forum. I just connected the new forum to it. I have the copy on my desktop of my computer

can the copy of the database before i installed the new forum be imported back into the database now? How is this done?
^ you can create a new database at your web host database manager, import the database backup in to newly created
database and connect to it through changing database details in ./inc/config.php file

more details about config.php file --> http://docs.mybb.com/inc-config.html

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = '________';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = '__________';
$config['database']['password'] = '__________';
That worked!!!!!! Thank you so much for laying it out so even I could understand!!!!
(2013-11-06, 05:20 AM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]That worked!!!!!! Thank you so much for laying it out so even I could understand!!!!

Ok, I'm in need of some help getting myBB up on Godaddy. I know nothing about webhosting lol, but I am versed on computers so I'm not completely hopeless but from what I've read in the installation wiki i have to have command(terminal) access to my hosting and I have no idea how to get that on godaddy. Do you mind helping me get set up. I would have PMd you but I cant find a lot of topics that specifically cover godaddy and that is what your thread is even titled.
Quote:from what I've read in the installation wiki i have to have command(terminal) access to my hosting

I don't believe the Install docs say anything like that... MyBB can be installed regardless of whether you have shell access.

You should read [Docs: Installing] again. You need FTP access to upload MyBB, which GoDaddy provides.
(2014-02-05, 03:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:from what I've read in the installation wiki i have to have command(terminal) access to my hosting

I don't believe the Install docs say anything like that... MyBB can be installed regardless of whether you have shell access.

You should read [Docs: Installing] again. You need FTP access to upload MyBB, which GoDaddy provides.

LMAO, I just went live not even an hour ago. Thank you so much for replying, I was able to get going with the help of a tutorial I found thanks to google lol. I was reading the documentation and they were talking about CHMODing files, and the difference between 777 and 666 level permissions and I just kind of jumped the gun I guess. To be honest it took me three attempts to realize what the tutorial was even tring to get me to do lol. Thanks again for taking the time to reply, and sorry for bothing you, pointlessly it seems.

Mik
We're here to help. Smile