MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Lost password" recovery not generating mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My board does send activation mails on user registrations, but there are now issues with lost passwords and the board never sends recovery mails.

Mail handler is set to PHP mail according to recommendations. Pretty urgent to get this fixed, but what should I try? Undecided

Just got to know that this did work a while ago. Perhaps the upgrade to 1.6.11 or my previous server change have messed it up. I made the 1.6.11 through a software quick installer, which ended a bit messy and I had to recover a few things manually. Maybe this could have caused something. But then again I don't know how to solve it. Can anyone provide me with some support on this matter?

Thanks.
Anyone that can try to help me? If there's a way to reinstall this script somehow without losing the content of my forum I'd be happy to try that.
bump.
(2013-11-09, 01:26 PM)AndersE Wrote: [ -> ]bump.

have you tried http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html ?
Can you provide your boards URL?
I came across that test script, but I don't know how to do it. And don't know whether that would show anything since activation mails do work. And, www.poolcompetitions.com is my board URL if that's of any help. Hope I can get continued support here, can't have this feature broken forever.
Would be nice to repair the forum, if possible. Any ideas?
Tools & Maintenance>>Cache Manager>> mailqueue - Rebuild Cache
(2013-11-19, 06:56 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Tools & Maintenance>>Cache Manager>> mailqueue - Rebuild Cache

Did not solve it.

Should add that I earlier today managed to get the first mail once. I then clicked the confirmation link and waited for the second mail which was supposed to bring me my new login details. But didn't come, so I had to manually change the password with the admin account to get back my old password.

Very disappointing that this isn't working. My host is saying it's a script issue..

Are there any files that can be reuploaded from a fresh install that could possibly repair this issue?