MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got an error Message MyBB error (43)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was trying to get to my Roleplaying site of masterslaverp.net/forums/usercp.php so I could answer a message from there but I keep getting this.

The message keeps telling me that "Error Message:
The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'."

May someone please assist me? I just want to get back to my rp website.

~
I would like to add I have NEVER uploaded MyBB before and just found out the website I like to go to uses it. So I have no idea where the Install folder is or anything like that. I am completely new to this so yes I may seem like a hopeless case but I seriously need help, it's not letting me access it at all.
Go to your Hosting Control Panel > File Manager > Your forum folder > install folder > and then search for lock file, if its not there then create an empty .txt file and name it lock
(2013-11-07, 06:27 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Go to your Hosting Control Panel > File Manager > Your forum folder > install folder > and then search for lock file, if its not there then create an empty .txt file and name it lock

I know this sounds REALLY stupid, but I'm not computer savvy and what does that basically mean? I'm really sorry it just takes me near forever to actually understand it on my own.
goto your mybb installation Folder then u will see Install folder there rename that install folder to install_done or something
(2013-11-07, 06:39 PM)$kull Wrote: [ -> ]goto your mybb installation Folder then u will see Install folder there rename that install folder to install_done or something

I must be an idiot because it's not letting me rename or helping me any.
Or delete the ./install/ folder?
^ There is seriously nothing on my computer called that. I have never uploaded anything with MyBB before and I've been able to access the website for a while, heck I didn't even know about MyBB until i got the message. It was until this morning that sh!t happened. I have no idea if it's my computer that's causing it or that the owner of the website needs to do something. I have tried to do what you guys suggested and nothing works.
you should pm temporary access to ur ftp to any1 who u trust on and in this forums u can trust all Smile
(2013-11-07, 08:01 PM)$kull Wrote: [ -> ]you should pm temporary access to ur ftp to any1 who u trust on and in this forums u can trust all Smile

The thing is.....watch try going to Master Slave rp (just type it into google) and go to the first one that has .net at the end, see what happens if you try going on it. I just tried on my laptop, my phone, ipod,iPad AND my parents computer and it won't allow you to go on. it just does the Error 43 message.
yeah i see your problem u still have installation folder so iam asking you to give somebody temporary access to ur mybb forums FTP so we can fix it
Pages: 1 2