MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forbiding guests to see some of the categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I would like to increase my membership. At this moment I have a lot of guests searching and reading my forums, but I would like to make some categories inaccessible to guests. When they click on the category there should be a pop-up window (or something similar) that says: 'If you want to read posts in this forum you must be a registered member. Register now?'

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot!
In the forum's permissions, go down to where it says the group "Guests" and uncheck the option "View Forum". Then they wouldn't be able to see the forum at all anymore. You could also just hide all of the threads that haven't been made by them (so everything) but still show the forum by using custom permissions and setting it to "View My Threads Only".
thanks for the reply. no, this is not the option. guests should be able to see all post titles in the forum, but they shouldn't be able to read threads at all. when they click on the thread, they should get the option to register if they want to read those threads...

the point is to make them interested in what's going on in those threads, so they would have to register.
You mean they should only see titles not post
yeah, just titles. they should be able to click on the category and see all thread titles, but when they want to actually click on the thread title and read posts, then they should get the notification that they should be registered users in order to read posts in those threads.
Giving message to register is possible but dont think of other thing you need
@inoxtic thanks anyway. if anybody else knows how to do it, I'd be thankful!
(2013-11-08, 07:14 PM)400d Wrote: [ -> ]@inoxtic thanks anyway. if anybody else knows how to do it, I'd be thankful!

Here is the plugin you are looking for:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/guest-s-can-t-view-threads