MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum off/on not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently having a timeout problem and was going to Close the forum for a Little while because I keep getting 503 and can't get anything done in the admin area.
So I click on Board setting > Board Online/Offline and click off and edit the message. I reload my main page and my forum is still upp, people still surfing in all the categories and there's only a notice "Your board status is currently set to closed."

I thought the forum would not be accessable and only my message would be visible. What's the Point of the bord off button?

Thank you
PinkStar
Who's surfing? The notice should show up to everyone except staff. Did you try logging out to see if it's ok?

EDIT: @down, you didn't answer my question. Instead of simply trying to log out, which takes max 2 minutes, you waste my and your time... Then you will notice what I said - the board is open for administraton and closed with a notice for other groups.
I have the enabled the option to see how many there are in each subforum and I had the same amount of visitors as always. My forum was up and running as usual, only difference was the notice in the header.

Thank you
If you're the admin then you'll only see the notice in the header, everyone else will see a "The board is off line" page. Use another browser or private browsing mode to test it.
(2013-11-10, 02:11 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]If you're the admin then you'll only see the notice in the header, everyone else will see a "The board is off line" page. Use another browser or private browsing mode to test it.

Ok, that would make sense, other than that, like I wrote in my previous post, I have enabled the option to see how many surfers I have in each subcategory. If only I was able to see the forum and everyone else the Offline page, then I wouldn't see anyone in the subcat's.
But maybe the script doesn't boot them out and what I'm seeing is surfers on cached pages?

Thank you
PinkStar
Yeah, the numbers you see for people browsing/the online list are likely there from before it was set to offline, but any new pages they try to view will show the offline page.