MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.11 Upgrade - Theme removed and plugins broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I tried to upgrade from 1.6.10 to 1.6.11 and my theme was overwritten by the default theme. I mean my custom (based on dark fusion) theme I uses is listed in the ACP as there and forced on users but the theme does not work, instead I get the default theme as my custom theme. It's as if it's been removed or overwritten. Is there a way to stop my theme from being overwritten or removed?

What templates are being replaced? I have done a fair amount of custom changes so I need to know what this upgrade is replacing as far as templates so I can reinstate my changes.

Additionally a few plugins flat out stopped working and I was locked out of the ACP due to the language pack error that many are experiencing.

I have to say as security/maintenance upgrades go this one is a little rough and invasive.

- Rich -
have you seen this --> 1.6.11 ACP language loading

for the theme related issue, check if below method helps
navigate to global.css of your custom theme in the admin panel and save it without any changes
hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the index page and check

for the template changes you have to find them through admin panel & manually modify
admin panel >> templates >> Find Updated Templates (tab)
Hi,

Quote:for the template changes you have to find them through admin panel & manually modify
admin panel >> templates >> Find Updated Templates (tab)

Is there a change log for the 1.6.11 upgrade? It would be easier to know what is being changed (as far as templates) then looking for it after the install.

I will try your global.css solution tonight. On the ACP bug I will effect those changes as well and see how it goes.

Also is there a way to look at the templates in my backups on my local computer?

- Rich -

Hi,

Quote:for the theme related issue, check if below method helps
navigate to global.css of your custom theme in the admin panel and save it without any changes
hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the index page and check

Worked like a charm and everything looks good so far. Awesome.

Thanks,
- Rich -