MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Contains New Posts button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently moved our forum to a new hosting provider. Prior to doing that, I upgraded MyBB to V1.6.11.

I installed MyBB 1.6.11 from scratch onto a Test version, then added the plugins & restored the database from a backup.
I copied the whole forum folder from Test to Live, & at cutover time, restored the databse from a new backup & updated the attachments.

In theory, both versions should now work exactly the same.
The issue lies in the arrow shaped "Forum Contains New Posts" button on the forumdisplay page of an Area with subordinate Forums.
In the Test version, as it apparently did on the previous provider, the hover says, "Forum Contains New Posts - Click to mark this forum as read".
In the Live version, it only says, "Forum Contains New Posts".

What am I missing?
IIRC, it is changed in MyBB 1.6.11
Ack that, but the Test version was installed from scratch using 1.6.11.

In addition, the "(Click and hold to edit)" mouse-over also does not pop up in the Live version. Do I have a Java or JavaScript issue, perhaps?
check if index template consists of below code
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>

and global.lang.php file consists of below code
$l['click_mark_read'] = "Click to mark this forum as read";

Edit: yes, it appears to be javascript related issue. can we have your forum url
aussiemotorhomers.com/forum

Note: We use englishgb as our default language.
^ can you replace ./inc/functions_indicators.php file and check if the issue gets resolved
Thank you. Getting late here in Australia. Will do that tomorrow after work & check back.

OK. I'm not sure where to get the replacement file from, so I got it from the mybb-1611 folder. Dropped it in & no change.

BTW, I have found another symptom - the EDIT button does not drop-down the Quick Edit or Full Edit choice. It goes straight to Full Edit. Does that mean the issue is still JavaScript? And when we fix one symptom, we'll probably fix all of them?
^ I have not noticed above merged post content. let us know if the referred issues are resolved.
you can PM me if direct help is required
Yes, now resolved. I narrowed it down to one plugin.