MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: accidentally installed wordpress to my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have accidentally installed wordpress to my forum, is there a way to revert it back ?
Did you make a backup while your forum was still up?
I didn't. I believe the database and the mybb files are still there though. as far as i know the only thing that's been replaced is the index.php.
So when you installed Wordpress, you created a new database without wiping the old mybb database?

If so, then your mybb database is still there. Do you have your mybb raw files or were they overwritten by the wordpress files?

Because you could simply upload your mybb files and then connect to the database, but I'm not sure if you still have the mybb files.
when i installed wordpress through simple scripts, it just add some files in the directory like wp-content and etc. but the mybb files are still there. I've checked the database and its there too.
Try deleting the Wordpress files, and the Wordpress database.

Is there an uninstall feature by simplescripts?

I re-read the post above, and you mentioned that it replaced your old mybb index.php with the Wordpress one. Was your MyBB index.php heavily modded, or just the standard mybb index.php file? Try re-uploading the mybb index.php file and erasing the wordpress index.php file.
MyBB forum's index.php file is assumed to be deleted and wordpress index.php file exists at root folder
renaming WP's index.php as index2.php and uploading MyBB forum's index.php file should resolve the issue
dont just "delete the wordpress database" as you will delete all the MyBB data as well if you installed WP to the same database as your MyBB

if you want to remove WP from the database, you will need to use something like phpMyAdmin (or the MySQL command line) to drop the individual wp_ tables and leave the mybb_ tables alone.

If you created a new database and put WP there, then you can just delete it.
okay so the mybb database is fine and its still there without any wp tables since the simple scripts created a new database for it. so how can i put my forum back.?

the index.php of this old mybb isn't heavily modded. I just edited few of it.
then download the same version of myBB again and extract the files file to your PC and upload the index.php file in the <MyBB extract folder>\Upload\ to the site. That will restore the forum. Then you can go clean up the wordpress files that are not in the local MyBB folder you just extracted.
Pages: 1 2