MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Email goes to Spam(php sendmail)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

My registration emails go to spam on gmail. However when i use "email user" feature on profile page or php code to send email of sendmail on vps it goes straight to inbox..

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue ?

Best regards.
Bump ??? I still haven't found a solution to this problem.. Any help ?
Well there are some things you can try, none of which are guaranteed: changing the board email (in the board settings), tweaking the text/subject in the email message to sound less spammy (language files), setting up an external SMTP server to send your mail.
(2013-11-15, 04:18 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Well there are some things you can try, none of which are guaranteed: changing the board email (in the board settings), tweaking the text/subject in the email message to sound less spammy (language files), setting up an external SMTP server to send your mail.

I ve changed board email and it does not help. Tho i haven't tried editing language files,thanks for the tip as i haven't thought of it at all.. External SMTP server is not a solution,as i want to have everything on one place (VPS). Thank you Smile. By the way do you know which language files consist subject/content of email ?

Best regards.
(2013-11-15, 12:08 PM)filips Wrote: [ -> ]I ve changed board email and it does not help. Tho i haven't tried editing language files,thanks for the tip as i haven't thought of it at all.. External SMTP server is not a solution,as i want to have everything on one place (VPS). Thank you Smile. By the way do you know which language files consist subject/content of email ?

Best regards.

Configuration > Languages > Edit Language Variables > messages.lang.php
Also, you may want to check if the IP address your VPS is on is blocked by any spam blacklists. See http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Regarding SMTP - how about something like Gmail? or your ISP's SMTP server? It doesn't have to be another service that you host.

It's hard to say for sure what's sending your email to spam, but these are just things to try.
(2013-11-13, 11:00 AM)filips Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

My registration emails go to spam on gmail. However when i use "email user" feature on profile page or php code to send email of sendmail on vps it goes straight to inbox..

Best regards.

Do you have DKIM, SPF and RDNS entries in your zone file?
(2013-11-16, 03:03 PM)tdperry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-13, 11:00 AM)filips Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Best regards.

Do you have DKIM, SPF and RDNS entries in your zone file?

I have added SPF record,i didnt knew about DKIM or RDNS .. Can you point me to right direction please ?

Ok,i ve found what is the problem...It is CloudFlare.. When i switched to vps DNS(NS records) email went straight to inbox. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this on cloudflare's side ? I ve added txt and spf records "v=spf1 mx -all" ...
(2013-11-18, 09:44 PM)filips Wrote: [ -> ]"v=spf1 mx -all" ...

You should put your server IP addresses in the SPF record as a whitelist.
(2013-11-20, 04:25 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-18, 09:44 PM)filips Wrote: [ -> ]"v=spf1 mx -all" ...

You should put your server IP addresses in the SPF record as a whitelist.

I ve made this change to cloudflare's DNS zone editor.. Will have to wait for propagation to test it..

TXT domain.com "v=spf1 a mx ipv4:192.x.x.x ~all"

192.x.x.x is a public IP ,not internal Smile
Pages: 1 2