MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EzGallery Installations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could anyone give me a link to how to install plugins and mods or even a quick instruction re: EzGallery.

This is my first BB trial and I am finding the whole thing anything but easy. All my other web site programs have folders and installers for these things but if that is the same in myBB then I apologise but I just can't find it or any instructions on line.

Apologies for being an old numptyBlush

Denis.
see this reply (replies here also might help)
(2013-11-14, 02:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see this reply (replies here also might help)

Thanks .M., much appreciated. However, if anyone else wants to install this mod, the answer indicated is not correct as read. Only the Gallery folder is moved complete to the location shown. An inc folder already exists and you can't have 2. Only the files from the ezgallery inc folder can be moved to the matching folders in the existing inc folder. You are left with a separate .php file, ezgallery.php and that file goes in the forum root folder. I gather this is what was meant in one of the replies as "follow folder structure of plugin files"?.

Confusing way of doing it guys!, especially for non programmers. Sad there is no "read this first" file. A "Sticky" would be nice giving a guide to what the "follow the folder structure" really means.

Den.
^ if we use a ftp client (eg. filezilla) then in general, they are configured in such a way that drag and
drop
of folders & files overwrites existing files and ftp client takes care of the files structure
that is, ftp client does not delete the earlier folders instead it merges the new contents with the old.

if it is confusing then plugin uploader can be used. it works for installation of most of the plugins
(2013-11-15, 01:58 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if we use a ftp client (eg. filezilla) then in general, they are configured in such a way that drag and
drop
of folders & files overwrites existing files and ftp client takes care of the files structure
that is, ftp client does not delete the earlier folders instead it merges the new contents with the old.

if it is confusing then plugin uploader can be used. it works for installation of most of the plugins

Thanks .m.. I use Cute ftp Pro, have done for years. However, I must concede that I had totally forgotten that I could have just dragged and dropped the folders and let Cute add them or change them as necessary. Sheesh!!Blush

Den.