MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Obscure V1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Mybb for some time now but I never got into making anything and now I'm trying to learn as much as possible for now themes but I want to also learn how to make plugins and yes I maybe a total noob to some people that are pros but I'm trying to always perfect my knowledge that I have and to become better. So I set out to make a Mybb theme and so the only thing that came to my mind was this theme that I have made and I named it Obscure. I would really like to know what people think about it and what I could change on it like what to add and what to remove. I will be releasing the theme soon so please do help me.I don't own a site now because all the domains that I owned have expired and I currently don't have the money so I'm hosting the site on a free host with a free domain but only for learning purposes. Thank you for your time and here is the image of the theme.

[Image: tylcxZo.png]
(2013-11-16, 12:37 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]the background is too bright and not looking good to eyes. try changing it to something better.

Well thanks for the feedback but I was sort of going for that to be bright . If you could give me a idea as what sort of background to use that would match the red and green but that it's not black .

I also have a version 2 but I'm not sure about it that's the thing.

[Image: XWfCdEp.png]
(2013-11-16, 12:41 PM)Fire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-16, 12:37 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]the background is too bright and not looking good to eyes. try changing it to something better.

Well thanks for the feedback but I was sort of going for that to be bright . If you could give me a idea as what sort of background to use that would match the red and green but that it's not black .

I also have a version 2 but I'm not sure about it that's the thing.

[Image: XWfCdEp.png]

Try making a gradient and use a lighter shade in bg
Red, green, orange, and purple really do not go together.
You may be a very good graphic artist.
But imho your forum theme looks horrible.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Are you trying to make colors and graphics attract users?
If so, you are wasting your effort.

Content, content, content - that's what makes a website interesting.
For example, if you want to see an "out of the box" forum with thousands of users, take a look at this one: https://bitcointalk.org/

Take some classes or get some library books on color and web design.
(2013-11-17, 02:51 AM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]You may be a very good graphic artist.
But imho your forum theme looks horrible.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Are you trying to make colors and graphics attract users?
If so, you are wasting your effort.

Content, content, content - that's what makes a website interesting.
For example, if you want to see an "out of the box" forum with thousands of users, take a look at this one: https://bitcointalk.org/

Take some classes or get some library books on color and web design.

Thanks for the complement. The thing is that I'm not trying to make a forum rather I'm only making a theme. Which I'm trying to make and also to make it look good.

(2013-11-16, 07:05 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]Red, green, orange, and purple really do not go together.

Yeah I know but I'm trying to make something out of it and I'm changing colors a lot to see which one could fit it . If you know what colors would make it look nice please do say so.

Also here is a update on what I did now. The color I'm using now is Blueish green with red . What do you think of it ? I'm also wondering as to how do I make the panel look different .....

[Image: rMcgji5.png]